GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1996-06 > 0835539168

From: Kathryn Graham <>
Subject: Re: PALMERS
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 07:12:48 -0700

>Hi,
>
>I am a Denison (Morgan, Avery, Brewster, Starr... etc, etc...), and am
>interested in pursuing the lines of any Denisons, since nobody else (ie
>the Denison Society) seems to be doing it. We have a lot of Palmers
>(even a Grace, married to Thomas Minor). Do you know if there is a tie
>(there's gotta be - right? Stonington was a SMALL town). I'd be happy
>to give you any information that I have, and keep an eye out for
>pertinent genealogy material for you, and maybe even take you to lunch
>when I come visit my new-found "cousin" Louisa Alger in Mystic for the
>4th of July.

Sounds yummy, will someone have a lobster roll for me?

I have the article (as a text file) from NEHGR disproving the Minor lineage
if you are interested and a pile of Avery data (also as a text file).

I would be more than happy to share.

I have the following on the Denison family which needs help. You can't tell
from this mess but I like to have all the siblings and their marriage data
to include in-laws. I do have cites for some of this but that part is only
partially entered. I have been working on this for a cousin (not on the
Dennison line) so if this is your line you have a cousin in Washougal, WA.

Kathie

1 WILLIAM DENNISON
Born 3 Feb 1571, Bishop Stortford, Herts, England, died 25 Jan
1653, Roxbury, Massachusetts. Married 7 Nov 1603, Bishop Stortford, Herts,
England, MARGARET CHANDLER, born 13 Oct 1577, Bishop Stortford, Herts,
England, died 25 Feb 1645, Roxbury, Massachusetts. William and Margaret
had:

2 i GEORGE DENNISON, born 10 Dec 1620

2 GEORGE DENNISON
Born 10 Dec 1620, died 23 Oct 1694, Hartford, Connecticut. Married
ANN BORODELL, born 17 Mar 1615, Bishop Stortford, Herts, England, died 26
Sept 1712, Stonington, Connecticut; daughter of John Borodell and Anne
Broughton. George and Ann had:

3 i JOHN DENNISON, born 14 June 1646, Roxbury, Massachusetts

3 JOHN DENNISON
Born 14 June 1646, Roxbury, Massachusetts, died 1698, Stonington,
Connecticut. Married 26 Nov 1667, Saybrook, Connecticut, PHEBE LAY, born 5
Jan 1651, Saybrook, Connecticut, died 1699, Stonington, Connecticut;
daughter of Robert Lay and Sarah (Fenner) Tully. (ref: Gen of May Fam, Vol
2, pg 565-566). John and Phebe had:

i Phebe Dennison, born 1667, Stonington, Connecticut, died young

ii John Dennison, born 1 Jan 1669, Stonington, Connecticut

4 iii GEORGE DENNISON, born 28 Mar 1671, Stonington, Connecticut
iv Robert Denison, born 17 Sept 1673, Stonington, Connecticut

v William Dennison, born 7 Apr 1677, Stonington, Connecticut

vi Daniel Dennison, born 28 Mar 1680, Stonington, Connecticut

vii Samuel Dennison, born 23 Feb 1683, Stonington, Connecticut,
died young

viii Ann Dennison, born 3 Oct 1684, Stonington, Connecticut

ix Sarah Dennison, born 29 July 1692, Stonington, Connecticut

x Phebe Dennison, born between 1684 and 1692, Stonington, Connecticut

4 GEORGE DENNISON
Born 28 Mar 1671, Stonington, Connecticut, died 22 Jan 1720, New
London, Connecticut. Married 1693, New London, Connecticut, MARY WETHERALL,
born 7 Oct 1688, New London, Connecticut, died 22 May 1711, New London,
Connecticut; daughter of Daniel Wetherall and Grace Brewster. George and
Mary had:

5 i DANIEL DENNISON, born 27 June 1703, New London, Connecticut

5 DANIEL DENNISON
Born 27 June 1703, New London, Connecticut, died 2 Feb 1748, New
London, Connecticut. Married 14 Nov 1726, New London, Connecticut, RACHEL
STARR, born 15 Sept 1705, New London, Connecticut, died 4 Feb 1791, New
London, Connecticut, buried Ft. Griswold, Connecticut; daughter of Thomas
Starr and Mary Morgan. Daniel and Rachel had:

i MARY DENNISON, born 19 Aug 1728, New London, Connecticut, died
1817. Married JAMES THOMPSON. See the Thompson Family.

This thread: