GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1997-08 > 0871132229

From: Dave Utzinger <>
Subject: VIRKUS Warning
Date: Sat, 9 Aug 1997 09:10:29 -0400

After all the discussion here on grading Virkus and getting publishers to
warn consumers, I was surprised to receive the following from Broderbund in a
recent flyer advertising Genealogical Publishing Company CDs, particularly
the "Compendium of American Genealogy"

"Since The Compendium is known to contain some errors and because these
genealogies were not created by professionals, it is suggested that you
verify the informationwith other sources before adding the information to
your family tree."

While I would argue this type of warning should be given for ALL material,
Virkus' Compendium was the only CD singled out for such language.

Always optimistic--Dave

This thread: