GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1998-01 > 0884130086

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Ancestors of LOUIS DU BOIS
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 13:41:26 -1000

1. By the numbers ------- 1------2 ------3 ------ Puke Away! [Downwind!]

2. Now, doesn't that feel better?

3. Repeat daily for best effects. [You will be billed separately.]
--

D. Spencer Hines --- Leo Tolstoy On Firmly Held Beliefs and Resultant Mental
Gridlock ---

"I know that most men --- not only those considered clever, but even those
who really are clever and capable of understanding the most difficult
scientific, mathematical or philosophic problems, can seldom discern even
the simplest and most obvious truth if it be such as obliges them to admit
the falsity of conclusions they have formed, perhaps with great
difficulty --- conclusions of which they are proud, which they have taught
to others, and on which they have built their lives."

Leo Tolstoy [1896] --- Source: "What Is Art?" --- Leo Tolstoy, Translated
by Aylmer Maude, in Tolstoy's Collected Works, Charles Scribner's Sons,
(1902), Volume 19, p. 468

MrSandmich wrote in message
<>...

>I didn't know that this was soc.genealogy.biography. He was just making a
point
>as to the trustworthiness of Jordan's work "Your Family Tree". These types
of
>critical remarks are totally unwarrented. [sic--- DSH] Stay on topic!
Reading trash like
>this is really painful, and it makes me want to puke! This is just another
lame
>attempt at pumping yourself up to appear smarter and more clever than you
>really are. Masked insecurity? It would appear so. By the way, lose the
quotes.
>You're not fooling anyone. You're not witty. You're just a compuloser with
too
>much time on your hands.
>
>Todd A. Johnson

This thread: