Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1998-01 > 0885146049

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Dukes of Marlborough
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 07:54:09 -1000

Interesting data. Thank you.

Can anyone tell us on what grounds the barony was created for the second son
of the 4th Duke of Marlborough, in 1815?

D. Spencer Hines---Lady Astor, nee Nancy Langhorne of Danville,
Virginia---first woman to serve as an MP---[Conservative, Plymouth]---a
Teetotaller, Appeaser and Ardent Francophobe; at a dinner party with Winston
Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965): "Winston, you're drunk!" WLSC: "Yes
Madam, I am---and you are ugly. But tomorrow, I shall be sober---and you
will still be ugly."