GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1998-01 > 0885314537

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Crown Princess of Sweden
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 06:42:17 -1000

I understand her full name may be Victoria Ingrid Alice Desiree [Bernadotte]
If so, that's certainly a very fine name. Her parents chose well. She
descends from two male children [Arthur and Leopold] of Prince Albert and
Queen Victoria and is a third great-granddaughter of Albert and Victoria.

As the Crown Princess, she is next in line to the throne, n'est-ce pas? No
Salic Law in Sweden since 1980, or thereabouts?

So, we shall one day have a Queen of Sweden with a degree from Yale College,
if all goes well? At 21 when she matriculates, she will be a bit more
mature than some of her fellow students, I suppose. She was born 14 Jul
1977, at Stockholm. Since her Father, Carl XVI Gustaf, King of Sweden, is a
relatively young 51 [52 on 30 Apr 1998] that may be some time.

This princess will need a better education than Lady Diana Spencer had and
perhaps she will use it to good advantage and avoid some of the tarpits and
chasms that Diana fell into.

Remember, I said the World needs [and will, of course, have] a new
"Princess." The Brits have not come up with one. Perhaps this is the young
lady we were hoping to see auditioning. The masses will make the decision.

I predict Sweden's History, all of it, including the medieval period may
enjoy some popularity, if she strikes a chord with the public.

Is she a looker? Blonde, blue-eyed, svelte and sophisticated?
--

D. Spencer Hines---"It may be said that, thanks to the 'clercs', humanity
did evil for two thousand years, but honored good. This contradiction was

This thread: