GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1998-09 > 0904764963

From: John Steele Gordon <>
Subject: Re: Freedom of Speech
Date: 2 Sep 1998 19:36:03 GMT

And earlier wrote:

> It is not up to the gentle reader to disintangle his labored and bollixed
> syntax and logic and make sense of that gibbon-written paragraph.

And when you assign responsibility for disentangling something, you can't spell
"disentangle."

Since you seem to have forgotten your own orthographic limitations, either
English is not *your* first language or you have different standards for others
than you have for yourself . To tessellate the plain of possibility, as a
professor of mine used to say:

1) Hines learned English as a second language and we should cut him some slack
on that account, or
2) Hines is a hypocrite.

John Steele Gordon

This thread: