GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1998-12 > 0914038256

From: Josephine Lindsay Bass< >
Subject: Re: Brienne
Date: 18 Dec 1998 19:30:56 -0800

Yes i have susanne, but not connected to my Jacques Briand (Bryant). i
have been wondering if she was and how. I have heard from some of your
cousins-one in particular who is searching and asked me about a connection
to Susanne BRIAN.

i have her parents as Jacques Brian b 1611 and Susan Gerard of Sedan, France.

My Jacques Briand (Bryant) Settled in 1st James City County, then
Goochland now Powhatan County. No authentic record available records
burned. His son, my gf, Jacques was Secretary Of King William Parish, VA
In 1744, m. Elizabeth LEFEVRE, dau of Isaac Lefevre and PARENTEAU (PARANTOS)

i have all the same info on Susanne Brian, except her death date which I
had blank - The Soblet family has been well researched: but i have not
seen "L'Aine" what does this mean?

®691 Abraham Soblet (Sublett) b Sedan, France, 1648, son of Jean Soblet and
Judith (Lombart); Fled France by 1681 for Manheim, by 1693 at Wesel; later
to London; in 1700 to Manakin, Virginia; married Susanne BRIAN not Dupuy.

See C. Allen, "The (Soblet) (Subley) Sublett Family of Manakintown, King
William Parish, VA" at Detroit Society for Genealogical Research Magazine,
27:3 + et seq. (numerous installments over a three year period.)

®692 Soblet/Sublette, Abraham. B. 4 Dec 1648, son of Jean and Judith
(Lombard) Soblet; bap 6 Dec 1648, Sedan, France; md. 31 Mar 1679 (sic of
1674?) Sedan, Susanne Briant; fled to Germany; to Holland; to England;
arrived 12 Aug 1700 Jamestown, VA on Mary and Ann, with sons Abraham and
Jacques; wife arrived 20 Sep 1700 Jamestown, on Peter and Anthony, with
Anne, Pierre, Louis, and Robert.

Children:
Anne, bap Sedan 27 Oct 1675 perhaps md. as 2nd wife Pierre Chastain;
Abraham, b. bef. 1680 Sedan, France, d. 1722 s.p. Powhattan Co. VA;
Jacques, b. Sedan, France d. 1741/2 Goochland Co. VA;
Pierre Louis b ca. 1686 Germany, d. 24 Nov 1754 Cumberland co. VA m/1 ?;
m/2 Marte Martain;
Robert, bap May 1698 Church of La Patente, Soho, London, England.

Evidence:
Sublett, 5-6; Douglas, 44-45, 72, 300, 384, Nunis, 48-49, 53, 61; Sublette,
5-14, 18-20; Va. Mag. 11"296-297, 435, 12:20-23, 26-27; Cameron Allen, "The
(Soblet, Subley) Sublett Family of Manakintown, King William Parish,
Virginia,"
Detroit Mag., vol. 27 and later (1963-1966); Donald J. Soblette, in Detroit
Mag., vols. 29, 38, 41;
Will Peter Louis Soblet 5 Nov 1754.

so far the only connection i have to the Soblet family is later thru my
VEREUL\VERRUEIL & TRABUE lines.

i will answer your quesiton in my next post.

josephine

This thread: