GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1998-12 > 0915136328

From: G . EDWARD ALLEN< >
Subject: Re: Ancient Families of Dee and Day of Wales, Ireland and England by LF Day
Date: 31 Dec 1998 12:32:08 -0800

wrote:

> We have Robert DAY b 1604 Ipswich, Suffolk,Eng son of Richard DAY +Anne Kirby.
> Richard was sonof John DAY b abt 1537 Elmsdale, York, Eng +Elizabeth WENTWORTH
> b abt 1541Thermacoe,Grange,York, Eng.

Would you please tell us what your evidence is that Robert is son of
that particular Richard and that that Richard is son of that particular
John. It is quite unusual to have so many counties in a pedigree unless
there was a very itinerant occupation involved or connections to
landholdings in all the counties, and probably a few other reasons, but
not many.

I am quite interested as this is my ancestor also.

Kay Allen AG

> John's parents were Robert DAY b 1518 and Ursulowe daughter of JohnChaloner,
> County Cheshire
>
> Robert'sparents were Richard Day b ca 1477 Warfield, Shropshire + Elizabeth
> OSBORNE
>
> Richard's father was Nicholas DAY of Shropshire
>
> Nicholas was son of John DEE of Denigh County, Wales + Margaret daughter of
> Llewelyn ap Howellap Griffith ap Grono ap Gwerganus (Elystan)
>
> ap Morgan DEE +Maud daughter of Howell ap Madoc
>
> ap Richard DEE of radnor and Shropshire
>
> ap Deiks-DDU + Gwen
>
> apMadoc ap IEVAN
>
> IEVAN ap david Goch +Efa,daughter ofEinion ap Celynnin, Lord of Llwdiarth of
> County Glamorgan
>
> David GOCH ap TRAHAIRN + Lady Maud daughter of David Lloyd ap Cynveloe, son of
> David, Prince of Wales son of Llewelyn the Great and his wife Joan daughter of
> King John of England.
>
> TRAHAIRN GOCH ap MADOC, Lord of Pennllich b ca 1320 + Gwyrryl, daughter of
> Madoc ap Merig
>
> MADOC ap RHYS GLOFF + Tangwst, daughter of Gronowy ap Einion
>
> claudia

This thread: