GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1999-02 > 0918332569

From: "John Yohalem" <>
Subject: House of Aragon
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 15:22:49 -0500

John Yohalem

"What this country needs is a good five-cent reverie" -- Paul Mellon

No, no; not the royal house.

A lady I met with no knowledge of these matters is descended from the noble
family yclept "Aragon", the one, I imagine, to which Queen Fabiola of the
Belgians is related.

I wonder if anyone can tell me:

(1) Where I could find (in book or on line) an account/ahnentafel of this
family;

(2) How far back they go, and what were their original titles;

and (3) Were they ever connected to the House of Barcelona/Trastamara, the
last Kings of Aragon as distinct from Kings of Spain?

Many thanks,

Jean Coeur de Lapin

This thread: