GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1999-02 > 0918821040

From: <Michelle.Murphy%>
Subject: Norman genealogy
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 13:04 +0100 (BST)

Just a few more questions on the time around King Stephen's reign.....

1) Does anyone know of descendants of Rainald, Earl of Cornwall,
bastard son of Henry I, and his wife Beatrice?

2) Did Henry II's two younger brothers, Geoffrey and William, have any
heirs? Also, did he have a sister Eleanor who married Prince Davydd of
Wales, son of Owain Gwynedd? Would this not have been an extremely low
match for the sister of the all-powerful Henry II of England,
Normandy, Anjou and Aquitaine/Poitou?

3) What is the relationship between Thibault, elder brother of King
Stephen and Count of Champagne and Blois; and the husbands of Eleanor
of Aquitaine's two daughters by King Louis VII of France: Marie
married a Count of Champagne and Alix married a Count of Blois.

4) Did Constance, daughter of William the Conqueror, marry and have
descendants?

5) Was Matilda of Boulogne, wife of King Stephen, the only child of
her father Eustace Count of Boulogne and Mary of Scotland? What
happened to the county of Boulogne after Stephen's death: did Eustace
succeed to the title or did it revert to the English or French crowns?

6) Does anyone have any further information on Henry Holy Roman
Emperor, first husband of the Empress Matilda e.g. his first wife,
children and who succeeded him.

Sorry to pile so many questions into one mail, but I hope someone can
help me with the above,

thanks,

Michelle

This thread: