GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1999-02 > 0918990800

From: Reedpcgen< >
Subject: Re: Question on Bacon lineage
Date: 14 Feb 1999 11:13:20 GMT

There is a famous Bacon fraud in the early generations. Walter Rye, the great
Norfolk historian, worked the problem out. You should look at _The False
Pedigree & Arms of the Family of Bacon of Suffolk_ (1919).

Also, though there is evidence for the Virginia Bacons to be traced back
(except for Edmund), I was not yet aware there was hard evidence for the
connection of the New England immigrant. I'd be curious to know what the
specific evidence is to connect him across the ocean, and to his parents. The
person who was interested in that connection would want to be certain the
connection is solid before working on earlier ancestry.

pcr

This thread: