GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 1999-07 > 0931640883

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Names question
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 11:08:03 -1000

Vide infra.

Not To Worry.

There was never a ghost of a chance for that egregious misnomer to
have been applied to the chap we know today as --- John Steele Gordon.

I give you my troth on that.

Rest Easy.

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas
Fortem Posce Animum
--

D. Spencer Hines --- "Barney looked at his reflection in his spoon,
first convex and then concave, and thought a moment. 'Dr. Lecter had

John Steele Gordon <> wrote in message

> Chris Dickinson wrote:
>
> > I bet you're right. Her sister was named Faith, according
> > to their father's will. How interesting, I'd never seen Troth as a
name before.

> > Well, at least (I hope) no sister was named Submit, as I've
> > seen on one occasion.
>
> The children of Thomas Starr (b. abt 1567 in New Romney, Kent; d.
Mar 2
> 1640/1 in Dorchester, Mass) and his wife Susanna ----------:
>
> Jehosephat Starr
> Comfort Starr
> Nostrength Starr
> Moregifte Starr
> William Starr
> Mercy Starr
> Constant Starr
> Suretrust Starr
> Thomas Starr
> Standwell Starr
> Judith Starr
> Joyfoole Starr
> Truthshallprevayl Starr
> Constante Starr
> Anne Starr
> Mary Starr
> Beloved Starr
>
> My favorite is Constant Starr, but I'm mighty glad I wasn't named
>
> Truthshallprevayl Steele Gordon

This thread: