GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2000-01 > 0948525064

From: Leslie Mahler <>
Subject: Re: Minor
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 00:11:04 -0700

Marita Gladson wrote:

> I found a line on Ancestral File at the local FHC.... I use these
> files
> as a lead, and make every attempt to document.
>
> I am trying to prove the following links. I follow the male line then
> into the female line with their spouse's name
>
> 1- Henry III King of England b 1 Oct 1206
> 2- Edward I king of England 17 June 1239
> 3- Edward II King of England 25 April 1284
> 4- Edward III King of England 13 Nov 1312
> 5- Edmund Duke of York 5 June 1341
> 6- Prince Richard abt 1376
> 7- Richard Plantagenet 20 Sept 1411
> 8- Mother Elizabeth Plantagenet 22 April 1444
> Father John De La Pole 27 Sept 1442
> ---- The gap seems too large here
>
> 9- Isabella Harcope unknown Mr Miner no date
> 10-Clement Miner 23 Feb 1585
> 11- Thomas Miner 23 April 1608
> 12- John Miner 30 aug 1635
>
> any ideas?
>
> Thanks
> Marita

This lineage was published in NEHGR about ten years ago.
The Minors were not very high ranking, being yeomen in co. Somerset, as
I remember.
Someone attempted to connect them with a visitation family, but it was
shown to be false.
I dont have the exact reference right now (but I can look it up).
The article shows that Clements parents are known, and thats as far as
the pedigree goes.
The rest of it was 'invented', and many people out there probably still
believe in it.

Leslie

This thread: