GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2000-03 > 0953159124

From: "Todd A. Farmerie" <>
Subject: More on Collateral Descent
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 15:25:24 -0700

"Richard Smyth" <> wrote:

> I respect Todd's personal and idionsyncratic restriction of his own
> interests to direct or lineal descents, but the field of medieval genealogy
> is not constricted in that way.

Um, you appear to have misread my post. My preference was
for the _phrase_ "direct lineal bloodline descendants"
(after all, why not be so redundant as to remove all
possible misconceptions) over "direct descendants".

My actual preferece, though, would be to discuss descents
(direct, indirect, mythical, whatever) rather than discuss
the semantics of the discussion of descents.

ta

This thread: