GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2000-07 > 0964176544

From: "P A MagLOCHLAINN" <>
Subject: Re: Royal Descent of Americans
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 11:49:04 +0100

Well, actually, Victoria was (rightly) worried about inbreeding (pace Mr
Hines), and kept stressing in her letters that her family should marry "new
blood". That is why she so favoured the Battenbergs, most of whose genuine
ancestry was (as she quite well knew) very non-royal - no matter what the
late Lord Mountbatten may have claimed as their ancestry.

So I suppose you could say that, yes, she was fairly successful.

Cordially,

P A MagLOCHLAINN
in Belfast, Northern Ireland
Stewart Baldwin wrote in message <>...
>On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:38:07 +0100, Renia Simmonds
><> wrote:
>>Yes. Queen Victoria realised the importance of researching her ancestry,
>>see if she could pick up on a royal line!
>Was she successful?
>Stewart Baldwin

This thread: