GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2000-07 > 0964193433

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Royal Descent of Americans
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:30:33 +0100

One of the reasons that the British Royal Family today is not
particularly inbred is that Queen Victoria did worry about it.

So, pace, yourself. <g>
--

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur. Odi profanum vulgus et arceo."

Quintus Aurelius Stultus [33 B.C. - 42 A.D.]

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you.

author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an
attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
given, in writing.

"P A MagLOCHLAINN" <> wrote in message
| Well, actually, Victoria was (rightly) worried about inbreeding (pace
Mr
| Hines), and kept stressing in her letters that her family should marry
"new
| blood". That is why she so favoured the Battenbergs, most of whose
genuine
| ancestry was (as she quite well knew) very non-royal - no matter what
the
| late Lord Mountbatten may have claimed as their ancestry.
|
| So I suppose you could say that, yes, she was fairly successful.
|
| Cordially,
|
| P A MagLOCHLAINN
| in Belfast, Northern Ireland
| ====================
| Stewart Baldwin wrote in message
<>...
| >On Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:38:07 +0100, Renia Simmonds
| ><> wrote:
| >>Yes. Queen Victoria realised the importance of researching her
ancestry,
| >>see if she could pick up on a royal line!
| >Was she successful?
| >Stewart Baldwin

This thread: