GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2000-07 > 0964273754

From: "Leo van de Pas" <>
Subject: Re: I know this is a LONG shot, but....
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 21:49:14 +0800

----- Original Message -----
From: John Steele Gordon <>
To: <>
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2000 9:25 PM

----<snip>

----<snip>.

> In answer to the question, John Washington's descent from Edward III
> comes through the Rev. Lawrence Washington. No ancestry for Amphyllis
> Twigden is given in Faris II beyond her parents.
>
> JSG

Shock Horror, Dear John and Spencer, do tell me, is Faris the Bible? Don't
you look any further? I believe Amphilis Twigden to be a "cousin" of Lady
Diana Spencer, sharing the Spencer ancestry with her------and if that is not
enough, she also shares ancestors with Prince Charles himself.

Any additions or corrections will be gratefully received :

1.Amphilis Twigden
baptised 2 February 1601 (or 1602) Spratton, Northamp.
buried 12 January 1655 Tring, Hertfordshire

2.John Twigden, of Little Creaton
died 8 December 1610/26 January 1611 Little Creaton
3.Anne Dickens
buried April 1637 Tring, Hertfordshire

4.Thomas Twigden
died 2 January 1580/2 Oct.1580 Little Creaton
5.NN Watts

6.William Dickens
died 15 August 1583/30 Jan.1584 Great Creaton
married 16 June 1573 Newnham, Northamptonshire
7.Ann Thornton
buried 27 December 1614 Spratton, Northampt.

14.Henry Thornton, of Newnham
died 1556
15.Anne Wilmer

28.John Thornton, of Newnham
29.Lettice Newnham

30.William Wilmer
31.Julian Spencer

62.William Spencer, of Badby
63.NN

124.Thomas Spencer
125.NN

248.William Spencer, of Rodborne
249.Elizabeth Empson

496.John Spencer, of Hodnell
497.NN

498.Peter Empson
499.NN

Sources
Burke's Landed Gentry

Burke's Presidential families of the USA
London, 1975

The Lineage and Ancestry of
HRH Prince Charles, Prince of Wales
Edinburgh, 1977