GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-01 > 0978379746

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: de Burstow
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 20:09:06 -0000

Source?

Quotation and citation?
----

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"The final happiness of man consists in the contemplation of truth....
This is sought for its own sake, and is directed to no other end beyond
itself." Saint Thomas Aquinas, [1224/5-1274] "Summa Contra Gentiles"
[c.1258-1264]

"Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur. Odi profanum vulgus et arceo."

Quintus Aurelius Stultus [33 B.C. - 42 A.D.]

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly.

author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an
attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
given, in writing.

Vires et Honor.

| > No "de Burstow" or "Burstow" section in CP.
| >
| > What's the alleged peerage?
| > --
| >
| > D. Spencer Hines
| >
| > Lux et Veritas et Libertas
| >
| > "The final happiness of man consists in the contemplation of
truth....
| > This is sought for its own sake, and is directed to no other end
beyond
| > itself." Saint Thomas Aquinas, [1224/5-1274] "Summa Contra
Gentiles"
| > [c.1258-1264]
| >
| > "Populus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur. Odi profanum vulgus et
arceo."

| > Quintus Aurelius Stultus [33 B.C. - 42 A.D.]
| >
| > All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly.
| >
| > All original material contained herein is copyright and property of
the
| > author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with
an
| > attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
| > given, in writing.
| >
| > Vires et Honor.
| >
| > "Patricia Junkin" <> wrote in message
| > |
| > |
| > | Happy New Year Everyone!
| > |
| > | Just wanted to ask if CP has a de Burstow genealogy and further
ask
| > what the
| > | final determination was on the new CD....worthwhile or in print
| > better? And,
| > | a special thank you to all who were so kind in 2000 to answer my,
what
| > I am
| > | certain, must have seemed such elementary questions.
| > |
| > | Best,
| > | Pat
| > |