GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-05 > 0989903031

From: "thomas holme" <>
Subject: Re: GEN-MEDIEVAL-D Digest V01 #455
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 23:03:51

I too am fascinated by the ancient French stories which declare that Mary
Magdalen arrived by ship near Marseilles after Christ's crucifiction and she
carried Christ's child in her womb, for she had not only been his finest
deciple but also his wife. According to the stories this child lived and the
bloodline of Christ passed through the generations eventually becoming the
Merovingian monarchs of France. Is there records of this "legendary" lineage
anywhere?

Thomas Holme
(new fella at gen-medeival, with a motorhome full of excellent books but
only a modest high school education, and lucky to have that considering my
wandering ways. Hope my lack of proper credentials does not make me
ineligible for communicating here. Sorry, I never developed any flaming
expertise either, but I do enjoy studying genealogy for whatever that is
worth here.)