GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-06 > 0991688730

From: "Rafal T. Prinke" <>
Subject: Re: Continental genes
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2001 23:10:56 +0200

"Clagett, Brice" <> wrote:

> 6. Sir Simon Felbridge, K.G., c. 1366-1422, and Margaret of Teschen (German-Polish).*

> * It is generally agreed that Felbridge's wife Margaret was daughter of Przemyslaw (Primko),
> Duke of Teschen and Glogau, but the identity of her mother seems uncertain. The duke
> certainly had as wife Elska of Beuthen-Kosel, whose ancestry is known. He may or may
> not have had another wife, Katarzyna. ES 3:16 doesn't show Margaret at all as among
> the Duke's children, and it seems likely that she was illegitimate. Does any one know or
> have an informed guess?

She is not listed in Jasinski's 3 vols. "Genealogy of Silesian Piasts",
either.
Where does the information about her come from? Do the English sources
identify her as a daughter of a duke (I understand from the above
that her father is not mentioned in sources but assumed as the then
ruling duke of Cieszyn)?

It might be possible that she was in fact a patrician from Cieszyn
rather than a duke's daughter.

Best regards,

Rafal

This thread: