GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-06 > 0993709011

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Plantagenet Correct Usage?
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 07:16:51 +0100

1. Keep reading and thinking.

2. Read Edmund Morris's first-cut biography of Ronald Reagan _Dutch_.

3. Morris is a first-class Historian and biographer ---- Brit.

4. Wait for the Verdict of History.

5. Don't believe this sour-grapes twaddle that the Hard Left continues
to pump out ---- designed to destroy Reagan's place in History ---- and
Thatcher's ---- pure leftist spin.
--

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"Much have I travelled in the realms of gold, And many goodly states and
kingdoms seen; Round many western islands have I been, Which bards in
fealty to Apollo hold." -- John Keats [1795-1821] -- Poems [1817] -- "On
First Looking Into Chapman's Homer"

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly.

author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an
attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
given, in writing.

Vires et Honor.

"Stewart, Peter" <> wrote in message
.
> [...]
convincingly, all
| on their ownsome, and might have done so just as quickly without the
help of
| those immortal sages, Thatcher and Reagan (and why not the more subtle
| Mitterand for that matter?), who between them no more predicted the
| inexorable twist & turn of events than they could seriously claim
before the
| bar of history to have guided them.
|
| Peter Stewart

This thread: