GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-07 > 0994745698

From: "Stewart, Peter" <>
Subject: RE: Malcom III of Scotland
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 16:14:58 +1000

I have been told by an old Vatican hand that the failure to find the bones
of Malcolm and St Margaret was deliberate, and that these urns were entombed
alongside Philip II. Short of interfering with any possible organic material
for DNA analysis, I don't know how the question can be resolved. Burke's, as
usual, was misleading on the location of these dead bones in Dunfermline,
even if they have found urn burial elsewhere & are not in a yard under
Spanish ground.

Peter Stewart

This thread: