GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-07 > 0995054046

From: David Mowbray <>
Subject: Re: Malcom III of Scotland
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2001 20:54:06 +0100

In article <>, Phil
Moody <> writes
>D. Spencer Hines wrote:
>No, I said nothing about Geoffrey.
>My source is right in the post ---- CP ---- with a complete citation.
>--
>D. Spencer Hines
>
>PLM: Hines, I will not go as far as to say you are ignorant concerning
>Geoffrey, bishop of Coutances but I can and will assume you are unwilling to
>answer my questions and therefore , thanks for nothing.
>
>Cheers,
>Phil
Hi Phil,
I will offer a suggestion, unlike Hines, who responded to my posting by
quoting back exactly the same information that appears on my web-site.
"I don't wish to know that!" N. Seagoon

To be fair, he added a source note.

A visit the church in the Normandy village of Montbrai reveals two large
portraits of Geoffrey and a notice board full of articles about him. One
of these concerns his return from Angleterre to Coutances, and his death
in France.

So, *maybe* (I make no claim!) he relinquished his Earldom to his nephew
on his return.
David
--
David Mowbray | Mowbray One-Name Study (G.o.ONS 986). Also seeking |
Cheltenham, UK | HERBERT (GLS); TANK (UK) + SCHNEIDER in WUE/GER |