GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-07 > 0995404885

From: "Phil Moody" <>
Subject: RE: Post Conquest Rulers and Earls of Northumberland
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:21:25 -0500

D. Spencer Hines wrote:
Poor, slow, ignorant Moody ---- of the M&M soporific duo ---- is
flaunting his ignorance again.
Geoffrey de Mowbray, Bishop of Coutances was *indeed* reportedly present
at the Battle of Hastings on 14 October 1066, and played a quite
important role there. Hines has provided quotations and citations for
that historical fact previously. It's in the Archives.

PLM: I never said that Geoffrey was NOT at Hastings and so your caustic
remarks only confirm what an ignorant fool you are Hines.

Further, Moody The Dense has still not learned what any 7th grader
should know ---- that when one quotes someone, one uses quotation marks,
ellipses marks, if appropriate ---- and supplies page numbers. He
certainly did not do that for his ham-handed List of "Post Conquest
Rulers and Earls of Northumberland" [sic] "reconstructed" from Sir
Frank Stenton.

PLM: When I was in the seventh grade; there was no Internet and therefore I
was ill prepared for a media that randomly can butcher my work at random. I
have seen quotation marks turned to gibberish and so I prefer to avoid them
when I want to ensure my work won't be altered in transmission. I have not
seen an asterick turned to rubbish by any e-mail software and I think it is
preferable to quotation marks on the Internet.
Hines, it appears you are being slow witted as usual in raising an
objection to Northumberland since it has been present in the subject line of
this thread the entire time. I don't concede that Northumberland is an error
and since it is your assertion that it is wrong; then the burden of proof is
on your shoulders.
*Stand and Deliver* Hines!

Phil

Geoffrey de Mowbray, Bishop of Coutances was *indeed* reportedly present
at the Battle of Hastings on 14 October 1066, and played a quite
important role there. Hines has provided quotations and citations for
that historical fact previously. It's in the Archives.

Geoffrey did NOT however "command a section" of William The Conqueror's
Army at Hastings ---- as Mowbray, Moody's partner in crime and pratfalls
would have it.

Further, Moody The Dense has still not learned what any 7th grader
should know ---- that when one quotes someone, one uses quotation marks,
ellipses marks, if appropriate ---- and supplies page numbers. He
certainly did not do that for his ham-handed List of "Post Conquest
Rulers and Earls of Northumberland" [sic] "reconstructed" from Sir
Frank Stenton.

Another Series of Pratfalls By Moody!

How Sweet It Is!

Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum.
--

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"Having taught in a university history department for more than 36 years
now, I would seek objectivity from anyone on the street before asking an
academic colleague in history." Norman Ravitch, Professor of History,
University of California, Riverside in _ The Wall Street Journal _ , 5
Nov 1998, p. A23.

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly.

author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an
attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
given, in writing.

Vires et Honor.

This thread: