GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-07 > 0995407478

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Post Conquest Rulers and Earls of Northumberland
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:04:38 +0100

Moody is clearly prevaricating and probably lying.

He needs to re-read Stenton ---- particularly all the passages on
Morcar, Earl of Northumbria.

Morcar is a very important historical figure in Mediaeval British
History ---- his role was especially critical in 1066.

Moody obviously does not know about him ---- or the Earls of
Northumberland.

He has done an incompetent, clumsy, cut and paste job ---- and he has
shafted the pooch.

Hines caught him _in flagrante delicto_.

Moody The Dense is very angry ---- he has embarrassed himself ---- and
is *continuing* to embarrass himself ---- just like that cowering dog on
my putting green ---- tail between legs ---- whining.

After re-reading Stenton, Moody should hasten to a library and check
CP ---- as well as other pertinent sources. Jim Bradbury's book on the
Battle of Hastings is one such.

I've already given the citation for CP. He should hop to it ---- lest
he make an even bigger fool of himself.

Moody The Dense is one of the laziest posters to these groups I've ever
seen ---- and one of the least competent.

Sir Frank's book is a hefty volume of over 800 pages ---- including the
index and the pages assigned Roman numerals.

Quite obviously, Moody is prevaricating when he says he has read it ----
or else he has the memory capacity and the reading comprehension skills
of a retarded gnat.

Morcar, Earl of Northumbria ---- Moody The Dense needs to do his
homework on Morcar ---- and cease the babbling and back and fill
operation.

Hines approaches the quivering dog with a rolled-up copy of _The Wall
Street Journal_ in his hand.

Deus Vult.

How Sweet It Is!

Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum.
----

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

"Thrice they tried to pile Ossa on Pelion, yes, and roll up leafy
Olympus upon Ossa; thrice the Father of Heaven split the mountains apart
with his thunderbolt." Publius Vergilius Maro [Vergil] (70-19 B.C.),
Georgics, I, l. 281.

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly.

author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an
attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
given, in writing.

Vires et Honor

"Phil Moody" <> wrote in message

| D. Spencer Hines wrote:
|
| Sir Frank Stenton does *indeed* make it quite clear that Morcar was
Earl
| of Northumbria both before and AFTER the Norman Conquest. Moody The
| Dense should read the entire book and pay strict note to Morcar, Earl
of
| Northumbria.
|
| PLM: Hines, your an ignorant fool and I would suggest you try to read
more
| of this work than just the index. You make a wild assertion without
| providing any supportive evidence to prove yourself and claim that you
have
| proven your point and this is exemplary of your shoddy methodology and
| scholarship. Stand and deliver Hines! That's what I thought; your just
| back stabbing coward slinging insults without any proof or
justification.

| Phil

This thread: