GEN-MEDIEVAL-L ArchivesArchiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-09 > 0999552170
From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Bollixed _Ahnenreihen_
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2001 22:22:50 +0100
1. As I expected, right on cue, Pogue Reed expects me to spoon-feed him
with data and tell him precisely were he has made mammoth gaffes and
errors ---- indeed has shafted the pooch ---- again.
2. No, Hines is not in the business of doing genealogists' work for
them and correcting their work ---- steering them towards the truth.
3. Yes, Gentle Readers, there are fraudulent genealogists, who take
hard-earned money out of the pockets of the credulous and feed them with
pap ---- and then ask the conned to provide corrective guidance for the
charlatan genealogists' incompetence. Since Pogue Reed makes so many
errors and is simply on a silly, anserine fishing expedition ----
trolling ---- it would be a complete waste of time to spoon-feed him.
4. Some genealogists also insult their colleagues, making most serious
and smarmy charges, which they then refuse to back up with *concrete
facts and evidence* ---- as Pogue Reed has done to Douglas Richardson.
5. Hines will take no part in any of that.
6. Finally, Pogue Reed continues to lie about reading Hines's posts.
7. Truly Dclass.
9. Warranting A Good Thrashing ---- From His Mother. <g>
10. Trs drle.
How Sweet It Is!
Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum.
"It may be said that, thanks to the 'clercs', humanity did evil for two
thousand years, but honoured good. This contradiction was an honour to
the human species, and formed the rift whereby civilisation slipped into
the world." "La Trahison des clercs" [The Treason of the Intellectuals]
(1927) Julien Benda (1867-1956)
All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly. All original
material contained herein is copyright and property of the author. It
may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an attribution
to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly given, in
D. Spencer Hines
Lux et Veritas et Libertas
Vires et Honor.
|Re: Bollixed _Ahnenreihen_ by "D. Spencer Hines" <>|