GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-10 > 1002358875

From: (Douglas Richardson)
Subject: New Corrected Descent for Elizabeth (Holand) Fiennes (was Ahnentafel for Ralph Neville [Gen. 1-4]
Date: 6 Oct 2001 02:01:15 -0700

Dear Dave, Leo, & Newsgroup:

An all new corrected descent from King Henry II of England for
Elizabeth Holand, wife of Sir Roger Fiennes, is provided below. This
descent will appear for the first time in print in the forthcoming 3rd
edition of Plantagenet Ancestry. The line below corrects the previous
2nd edition of Plantagenet Ancestry which incorrectly identified
Elizabeth (Holand) Fiennes as the daughter of John Holand, Duke of
Exeter.

The following colonial immigrants descend from Elizabeth (Holand)
Fiennes:

1. Essex Beville.

2. Mary Launce.

3. Thomas Lunsford.

E-mail:

- - - - - - - - - - - -

1. Henry II, King of England, by a mistress, Ida.

2. William Longespee, Earl of Salisbury, died 1226, married Ela of
Salisbury, died 1261.

3. Stephen Longespee, of Wanborough, Wiltshire and Sutton, co.
Northampton, Justiciar of Ireland, Seneschal of Gascony, died 1260,
married Emmeline de Ridelisford, died 1275/6.

4. Ela Longespee, married Roger la Zouche, Knt., born c. 1240/2, died
1285.

5. Alan la Zouche, Lord Zouche, born 1267, died 1314, married Eleanor
de Segrave.

6. Maud la Zouche, born c. 1290, died 1349, married Robert de Holand,
Knt., 1st Lord Holand, died 1328.

7. Robert de Holand, 2nd Lord Holand, of Thorpe Waterville, co.
Northampton, born about 1312, died 1373, married Elizabeth.

8. John de Holand, Knt., of Thorpe Waterville, co. Northampton,
younger son & heir male, living 1393, married _____.

9. Elizabeth de Holand, living 1441, married Roger Fiennes, Knt., born
1384, died 1449.

(Leo van de Pas) wrote in message news:<002901c14dce$f0edc2c0$>...
> Dear Dave and Skip31
>
> What are you doing to me? By providing this link, again, at least one more
> link between Prince William of Wales and William the Conqueror has been
> created. Earlier today, Douglas Richardson gave a link which provided seven
> of such links.
> Best wishes
> Leo van de Pas

This thread: