GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-10 > 1003787040

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Irritating Posts
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:44:00 +0100

Hmmmmmmm.

"Bronwen" still can't get her own computer ---- and she's off the
reservation, yet again, and on the warpath.

I tell you, that husband of hers must really be a male, chauvinist pig.

Appalling! Why, why ---- he treats her like a squaw!

Secondly, I can't IMAGINE a more disgusting sight than even the
*thought* of "Bronwen" stretched out on a Hawaiian beach, or any *other*
beach ---- in the complete buff. Vide infra pro risibus.

No Way!

We DON'T need that.

'Twould be Visual Pollution ---- of the worst sort.

Deus Vult.

Veni, Vidi, Calcitravi Asinum.

"Young whelks and winkles, in pubs, do it, Little sponges in their tubs
do it. Let's do it, let's fall in love. Cold salmon, quite 'gainst
their wish, do it, Even lazy jellyfish do it, Let's do it, let's fall in
love. The most select schools of cod do it, Though it shocks 'em I
fear, Sturgeon, thank God, do it, Have some caviar dear. In shady
shoals, English soles do it, Goldfish in the privacy of bowls do it,
Let's do it, let's fall in love." ---- Cole Porter, Yale '13 -- 1928

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly. All original
material contained herein is copyright and property of the author. It
may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an attribution
to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly given, in
writing.
------------

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor.

"Arthur Murata" <> wrote in message

| First of all, "Mr. Murata" did not write the post; it just
| happens to be his name on the header. I am his wife,
| Bronwen. I was only making the point that there was a much
| smaller group of people searching for religious freedom or
| a heaven on earth or however you want to put it than there
| were of people making the voyage for other reasons. It is
| my opinion, being a born-again pagan, that such groups as
| the Puritans had far too great an influence on the American
| culture that seems to be in power. My father was a Badger
| Clan priest of the Hopi Nation and "we don't want no blue
| laws" around here. I would also prefer to be able to read
| what I wish, watch what I wish, etc. I would prefer to be
| able to let the sun wash over my entire body on the beach.
| Unlike more mature parts of the world (and the maturity had
| by America before Europeans came and ruined it) was more
| natural and relaxed. Also those Puritan SOBs carried on a
| war of extermination against the Pequot people that
| included burning about 800 of them as they celebrated their
| Green Corn Dance ("Thanksgiving" to you) in the
| Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1639. Boy did you catch me in a
| bad mood when you said I don't know what I'm talking about.
| I have been teaching American Indian history for more than
| 20 years at such places as UC Berkeley. Perhaps you should
| take a look at your data from the other end of the
| eyepiece.
| Bronwen

This thread: