GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-10 > 1004134593

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Irritating Posts
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 23:16:33 +0100

John Steele Gordon is not a loony "right-winger" ---- he's a quite
well-informed and sensible person ---- on his home turf ---- American
Business History ---- et alia.

Flash is quite correct. "Political Correctness" HAS gotten totally out
of hand in the United States ---- any thoughtful person, educated
person ---- understands that. That's why there is currently such a
backlash against it ---- and, *of course* the backlash stings the
Malefactors of Great Dogma.

The High Priests and Priestesses of Political Correctness have come a
cropper.

For decades they have been saying that some quite sensible, logical and
reasonable political, economic and social opinions are ---- "not nice"
and "terribly mean-spirited" ---- "unapproved".

We are vastly amused that many of these pogues and poguettes, who
idolize John Fitzgerald Kennedy and went all weak in the knees and weepy
over the death of his son, John, Jr. ---- thereby killing any chance of
a direct succession in the Kennedy Dynasty ---- have no imaginable
*conception* of the political, economic and social ideas of JFK ---- who
was a staunch Cold Warrior, believed in cutting taxes... et cetera, et
cetera.

How Sweet It Is!

"Bronwen" is yet another Red Diaper Baby, educated at Berkeley in the
1960's-1970's?

Do bears sleep in the forest?

Deus Vult.

Fortem Posce Animum.

"You're the top! - You're a Waldorf salad. - You're the top! - You're a
Berlin ballad. You're a baby grand of a lady and a gent, You're an old
Dutch master, You're Mrs. Astor, You're Pepsodent. You're romance,
You're the steppes of Russia, You're the pants on a Roxy usher. I'm a
lazy lout that's just about to stop, But if, baby, I'm the bottom -
You're the top!" - [Cole Porter, Yale '13 - 1934. The sixth sentence
supra was reportedly Cole's favourite in the entire song. ---- DSH]

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly. All original
material contained herein is copyright and property of the author. It
may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an attribution
to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly given, in
writing.
------------

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor.

"Arthur Murata" <> wrote in message

| Funny how the only people I ever hear use terms like
| "politically correct" are conservatives or right-wingers
| erroneously thinking that they are referring to liberals or
| left-wingers. Guys, we don't use the term - only you do (if
| you fall into that conservative category). Annd at the
| moment "politically correct" means waving a flag and
| callling for the nuking of accused but not convicted
| terrorists (and their families and countrymen). Bronwen

| --- Graeme Wall <> wrote:
| > In message <EiDB7.1579$>
| > "John Steele Gordon" <>
| > wrote:
| >

| > > "Renia" <> wrote in message

| > scientists can be
| > historians.
| > >
| > > You have clearly not spent much time in the history
| > department of virtually
| > > any university in the United States. Perhaps what you
| > are saying is that
| > > many of the habitus of these departments are not, in
| > fact, historians.
| > >

| > Perhaps one should say that historians should not be
| > politically correct
| >
| > > No argument from me on that point.
| > >
| > Quite
| > --