GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-10 > 1004309943

From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <>
Subject: Re: Joan de Carreu, wife of Guy de Brian
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 22:59:03 GMT

In message <>
Doug McDonald <> wrote:

> This Sir John de Carew is a descendent of the notorious to the denizens
> of Soc.genealogy.medieval person Nest, perhaps, probably not, mistress
> of Henry I.

CP X, p. 10-11 says:

"Gerald [son of Walter FitzOther] ... m. Nest, daughter of Rhys ap Tudor
Mawr, Prince of South Wales."

And also on p. 11 note (c) CP says:

"By Stephen, constable of Cardigan (query after Gerald's death) Nest
bore a son, Robert FitzStephen, and by Henry I a son Henry, ... father
of Meiler FitzHenry [cf his DNB article], which Robert and Henry were
later brothers-in-law of the the Geraldines in Ireland."

Anyhow Gerald's eldest son by Nest was William de Carrio, d. 1173,
constable of Pembroke castle and ancester of the Carews. See the
pedigree for The Geraldines in CP Vol VII, p.200.

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe
For a patchwork of bygones: http://powys.org

This thread: