GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-10 > 1004470219

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: TRUE and TESTED FACTS; (was re: Children of Zedekiah).
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 19:30:19 -0000

Heaven Forfend!

Todd would *never* be guilty of the Primal Sin Of Mockery [PSOM]! [N.B.
Pronounced just as it looks, "pee-som". ---- DSH]

_Au contraire_, Bennett is the best little arse-kisser we have seen here
on SGM in five years ---- a champion brown-noser of the first flush ----
indeed *before* the first flush.

Hilarious!

Deus Vult.

"You're the top! - You're a Waldorf salad. - You're the top! - You're a
Berlin ballad. You're a baby grand of a lady and a gent, You're an old
Dutch master, You're Mrs. Astor, You're Pepsodent. You're romance,
You're the steppes of Russia, You're the pants on a Roxy usher. I'm a
lazy lout that's just about to stop, But if, baby, I'm the bottom -
You're the top!" - [Cole Porter, Yale '13 - 1934. The sixth sentence
supra was reportedly Cole's favourite in the entire song. ---- DSH]

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly. All original
material contained herein is copyright and property of the author. It
may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an attribution
to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly given, in
writing.
------------

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor.

"Chris Bennett" <> wrote in message

| "Chris and Tom Tinney, Sr." <> wrote in
message
| > Chris, the greatest fantasy on this
| > list is the use of mockery as an
| > assumed substitute for scholarly
| > evaluation, as led by the list's
| > most "profoundly esteemed" DSH.
| > His "son" is taf. I do not consider
| > ancient record sources "babble";
| > nor, can the ancient records, being
| > so scarce, be "micro" evaluated.
|
| With respect, there is an enormous difference between Mr Hines'
personal
| abuse and Todd's analyses of the data you have presented. These
records can
| certainly be evaluated against other ancient records, literary,
epigraphical
| and archaeological. Todd has pointed out that this data is internally
| inconsistent with everything we know about the periods in question,
and has
| no claim to credibility given what we know about Irish historiography.
|
| That is not mockery, that is basic historical scholarship.
|
| Since Todd has clearly demonstrated his case and you really don't seem
to be
| able to get the point, I see no reason this thread should continue.
|
| Chris
|
| <snip>

This thread: