GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-10 > 1004484634

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: TRUE and TESTED FACTS; (was re: Children of Zedekiah).
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 23:30:34 -0000

: )

Particularly when you give them a bottle of whiskey and something to
write with and on.

Faith and Begorra!

Just ask me 29th Great-Grandfather, Brian Boru, Ard-Ri [High King] of
Ireland. [Think _Autry/Audrey/Audie_ as in Gene or Hepburn or
Murphy. ---- : ) DSH]

Brian is always a GREAT favourite at the Family Reunions.

Erin Go Bragh!

Deus Vult.

nothing." -- Attributed to Edmund Burke [1729-1797]

Warriors ---- "There is much tradition and mystique in the bequest of
personal weapons to a surviving comrade in arms. It has to do with a
continuation of values past individual mortality. People living in a
time made safe for them by others may find this difficult to
understand." _Hannibal_, Thomas Harris, Delacorte Press, [1999], p. 397.

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly.

author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an
attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
given, in writing.
-------------------

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor

"Matthew Harley" <> wrote in message

| "Chris and Tom Tinney, Sr." wrote:
|

| > That being said, Ugaine Mor is:
| > [contemporary with Alexander the
| > Great, and is stated to have
| > sailed with a fleet into the
| > Mediterranean, landed forces in
| > Africa, and also attacked Sicily;
| > proceeded to Gaul and Married
| > Caesair, daughter of the King of
| > the Gauls, his brethren Celts.
| > They had 22 sons and 3 daughters.
| > He divided the kingdom into twenty
| > five portions for their inheritance.
| > Only two sons had issue.]
|
| The Annals of the Four Masters (composed in the 1630s)
| http://www.ucc.ie/celt/published/T100005A/text018.html say:
|
| In A.M. 4606 (592 B.C.?)
|
| "At the end of this year Ugaine Mor, after he had been full forty
years king of
| Ireland, and of the whole of the west of Europe, as far as Muir
Toirrian, was
| slain by
| Badhbhchadh, at Tealach An Chosgair, in Magh Muireadha, in Bregia."
|
| Do you believe he was king of the whole of the west of Europe?
|
| Don't you know the Irish have a slight tendency to exaggerate?
|
| Matt Harley

This thread: