GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2001-11 > 1006906585

From: (Douglas Richardson)
Subject: Re: Scholarship
Date: 27 Nov 2001 16:16:25 -0800

"D. Spencer Hines" <> wrote in message news:<ANEM7.891$>...
> That sounds like good thinking to me.
>
> PA3 should be SOLID ---- in deference to Dr. David Faris ---- among
> other things.
>
> D. Spencer Hines
>
> Lux et Veritas et Libertas
>
> Vires et Honor

Dear Spencer ~

Thank you for your kind words. The forthcoming Plantagenet Ancestry,
3rd edition, will be extremely SOLID. As a trained historian and a
professional genealogist, I know full well the value of documentation.
I've added countless new citations and references to nearly all the
lines in the 3rd edition. Where I'm able, I quote from the actual
visitation records, so people can see exactly what was said in the
original record. Where known, I also provide the coat of arms for
each family. I've gone through all types of original records of the
period such as inquisitions post mortem, bishops registers, feet of
fines, ancient correspondence, published charters, etc. The citations
alone are worth the price of the book. This book will truly be a
treasure trove of information for people interested in their medieval
ancestry.

If anyone is interested in obtaining a copy of the book, they may
contact me privately at my e-mail address below. People can pay for
the book by either check or money order, or by chargecard. The price
is currently $60.00 (including shipping and handling). Add $5.00 for
foreign orders. This is a special prepublication price.

E-mail:

This thread: