GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-01 > 1010923953

From: Renia <>
Subject: Re: Overall Reliability of Medieval Lineages
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:12:33 +0000 (UTC)

"Paul C. Reed" wrote:

> "David R. Teague" wrote:
>

> > <snip>
> > The impression one gets is that all or most American families can trace
> > back to royal ancestors, which certainly what I would dispute.
> > <snip>
> >

> If you had professional genealogists researching all of their ancestry, I
> would bet that the majority of Americans with English ancestry could trace
> some families into England in the sixteenth century, and likely at least
> one genty family which traces earlier.
>
> Paul

I'm afraid that this is just the kind of blanket statment I would disagree
with. While you have a lot of British records available at Salt Lake City, you
don't have them all. You won't know who you will find until you find him. And
if he is hidden in the records only in Britain, then you won't find him, but
you might think you've found him in SLC if you come across someone of his name
in approximately the right area.

Renia

This thread: