GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-04 > 1017781885

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: The Queen Mother ---- Requiescat In Pace
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 22:11:25 +0100

Trs drle.

Gilmore makes the argument I sketch, infra.

This is a typical "liberal" argument.

The anserine logic goes as follows:

1. Edward VIII, by his abdication in 1936, cast his younger brother,
George, into a very stressful situation by forcing him to become
King ---- a situation which George was ill-equipped to handle.

2. George VI was temperamentally unsuited to become King and he had not
been prepared and groomed for the role.

3. George VI died relatively early, in 1952 ---- he was 56.

4. George VI is therefore the "Victim" of his elder brother, who was a
selfish, irresponsible man.

5. Edward VIII lived on for another 20 years and died at 77 in 1972.

6. It's all grossly unfair to the "Victim", George VI, who should be
pitied. So, hate the "Oppressor", Edward VIII and sympathise with the
"Victim", George VI. Why, how nicely Marxist it all is.
Deeelightful!!!! Karl would be immensely proud of us all!

7. Have you all got that now, children? And just forget about those 60
cigarettes a day. You see, George VI smoked so much *because* he was
under *STRESS* ---- stress brought on by Edward VIII's selfishness and
irresponsibility.

Quod Erat Demonstrandum. <g>

Deus Vult.

"One has to belong to the intelligentsia to believe things like that: no
ordinary man could be such a fool."

George Orwell (Eric Arthur Blair) [1903-1950] ---- _Notes on
Nationalism_, May, 1945

"Thrice they tried to pile Ossa on Pelion, yes, and roll up leafy
Olympus upon Ossa; thrice the Father of Heaven split the mountains apart
with his thunderbolt." Publius Vergilius Maro [Virgil] (70-19 B.C.),
Georgics, I, l. 281.

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly.

author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and with an
attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise expressly
given, in writing.
---------

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas