GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-04 > 1019002008

From: "Eldon Olson" <>
Subject: How to block a specified sender
Date: 17 Apr 2002 00:06:48 GMT

There is one solution (if asking nicely does not work). You can block all
messages from a specified sender.

I use Outlook Express. If you do, select:
Tools
Message Rules
News [there may be a long delay]
[opens to] News Rules
New
1. [check] Where the From line contains people
2. [check] Delete
3. [click on] contains people
[type in the name and click] Add
OK

This News Rule can, of course, be deleted (or names can be added by clicking
on the "contains people" in the 3rd box.

Just to test it, I took a name at random (i.e., D. Spencer Hines), and then
did a Reset (to delete all existing messages), closed and reopened Outlook
Express. Behold, there are no messages from D. Spencer Hines.

Will someone please let me know when it is safe to delete this block.
Thanks.

This thread: