GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-04 > 1019832265

Subject: Re: On Douglas Richardson's new books [very OT]
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2002 10:44:25 EDT

In a message dated 4/25/02 10:17:28 AM, writes:

<<
Do I smell another attempt at justifying your lack of credit to contributors
in your publication? Are you setting us up for yet another round of
arguments when the latest issue comes out? >>

Huh? What ever gave you the idea that contributors are not credited? I
cannot speak for Douglas, but I sympathize with the chore he must have in
wading through the chaff to find the real grains of contributions from this
forum. These discussions are not black and white -- and the drawing upon one
another is often practically simultaneous. That gives a book compiler a real
headache. I am spared such headaches because I ask for permissions for posts
in their near entirety when I deem them worth publishing.

- Ken

Kenneth Harper Finton
Editor and Publisher
THE PLANTAGENET CONNECTION
HT Communications / PO Box 1401 / Arvada CO 80001
VOICE: 303-420-4888 FAX: 303-420-4845
<A HREF="http://htcommunications.org/homepage.html">;
http://htcommunications.org/homepage.html</A>;

This thread: