GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-04 > 1020231461

From: "Stewart, Peter" <>
Subject: RE: Off-Topic Reply to RE: On Douglas Richardson's new books
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:37:41 +1000

I don't understand this. The implication in the quote from Paul Reed is that
some good inheres in maintaining the scholarly reputation of journals by
ensuring that due credit is always given by contributors - in my reading
this doesn't refer back beyond his "AND" to the fact that contributors are
unpaid, nor does that necessarily "equate" with "monetary hardship" in the
first place.

Are you suggesting that money saved in printing costs by not crediting
Douglas Richardson's sources can make everybody rich?

Peter Stewart

This thread: