GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-05 > 1020542599

From: Doug Weller <>
Subject: Re: Oppida in Irish Culture; was: Ancient Irish 'Pedigrees' (was Re: History & Genealogy or the Mathematical Study of Genealogy?)
Date: 4 May 2002 15:03:19 -0500

On Sat, 04 May 2002 21:00:54 +0100, in soc.history.ancient, Matthew Harley wrote:

>"Chris and Tom Tinney, Sr." wrote:
>>
>> Examples of Ogham date to
>> 500 B.C.
>
>WHAT?
>
>Ogham used the Latin alphabet and probably started in the 4th century
>A.D., you are about 900 years too early!
>
>But who cares when you're having fun making up history!

I'd like to see the evidence for this in Spain. You can find many similar claims on the
web, but I haven't yet found one with any evidence.

More proof that Tinney is just mining the web and doing no research. But then when you
know The Truth, research isn't needed. :-)

Doug
Doug Weller member of moderation panel sci.archaeology.moderated
Submissions to:
Doug's Archaeology Site: http://www.ramtops.demon.co.uk
Co-owner UK-Schools mailing list: email me for details

This thread: