GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-05 > 1022887411

From: "D. Spencer Hines" <>
Subject: Re: Peniarth MS 131 (was: Gwladus and Tangwystl}
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 00:23:31 +0100

ZAP!!!

Hell, I wouldn't even take it with a grain of salt.

I'd just say "Rejected!" ---- and leave it to the advocate to prove
his case.

Secondly:

The pogue probably thought "New York Public Library" added it some
cachet.

Hilarious!

Deus Vult.

"Wishful thinking might bring comfort, but not security. Call this a
strategic challenge; call it, as I do, axis of evil; call it by any
name you choose ---- but let us speak the truth."

"If we ignore this threat, we invite certain blackmail, and place
millions of our citizens in grave danger. Our response will be
reasoned, and focused, and deliberate. We will use more than our
military might. We will cut off terrorist finances, apply diplomatic
pressure, and continue to share intelligence ---- But make no mistake
about it, we will and we must confront this conspiracy against our
liberty and against our lives."

President George Walker Bush ---- 23 May 2002, At The Bundestag,
Berlin, Germany

All replies to the newsgroup please. Thank you kindly.

All original material contained herein is copyright and property of
the author. It may be quoted only in discussions on this forum and
with an attribution to the author, unless permission is otherwise
expressly given, in writing.
----------

D. Spencer Hines

Lux et Veritas et Libertas

Vires et Honor.

writes:

| ><< So, what SPECIFICALLY does this "Peniarth source" that you are
| >referring to say with regard to Elen and Gwenllian, and what is the
| >exact reference? >>
| >
| >Yoiu may feel free to look it up yourself.
|
| Check through an entire manuscript collection without a citation?
|
| I think not.
|
| Rather, I shall follow the more appropriate (and much simpler!)
course
| of taking your statement with a grain of salt until such time (if
| ever) that you decide to provide a reasonable citation.
|
| Actually, the above suggestion that I should look it up myself
| reminded me of a genealogical claim that I once saw in a book, in
| which the "citation" given was that a friend of the author had found
| the statement in a book (title not provided) in the New York Public
| Library. I wonder if the author, when questioned about his source,
| told the person making the query to go look it up himself?
|
| Stewart Baldwin

This thread: