GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025612770

From: "Varga, Loren M." <>
Subject: Glismond or Froiza?
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 08:26:10 -0400

There seems to be a difference of opinion as to what Karl Lechner stated in
his book concerning the mother of Markgraf Ernst. In my first post I quoted
in German from the 1992 edition of his book,"Die Babenberger",where he
stated that it was certain that Ernst was the issue of Adalbert's second
marriage with Froiza. The page given was 83.Donald Jackman quoted the same
page from the 1976 edition. Does anyone have a different reference from "Die
Babenberger" where Lechner states that Glismond was the mother of Ernst?
Regards Loren

Notice: This e-mail message, together with any attachments, contains information of Merck & Co., Inc. (Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, USA) that may be confidential, proprietary copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named on this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by e-mail and then delete it.