GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025650629

From: Michelle Murphy <>
Subject: Re Descent from Juana La Loca to English royals
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:57:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi everyone

Thank you to all who replied to my post about Juana la
Loca's descents to current English royals.

I had wondered if I was mad since I was unable to find
any descents from looking at the info I had, and now I
realise why - Bert Kamp mentioned that all descents
are from the same granddaughter of Juana, namely Maria
of Austria (daughter of Ferdinand). When I looked
again at the info I had on his children, Maria was
missing. Hence the impossibility of my search. Why she
was missing, I don't know - the Spanish royals weren't
a serious interest of mine so I wouldn't have dug
deeply enough to realise the data was patchy.

So I'm delighted to get all the information people
have sent me, and relieved that I wasn't overlooking
something in what I had - it just wasn't there!

thanks again

Michelle