GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025662702

Subject: Re: (no subject); de Stuteville
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 22:18:34 EDT

Tuesday, 2 July, 2002

Hello Bob,

I recall that Adrian Channing had a post to SGM some time ago re: the
Stuteville family; I also seem to recall this family (as with many others,
e.g. Bardolf, Aguillon) has not reached the stage of full reconstruction that
has met with wide acceptance.

If my recollections are in error (which is possible, although I can't
recall why), I would be very interested in any documentation that would place
Osmund de Stuteville of Gressenhall, Norfolk (d. ca. 1193) firmly in
relationship to any other Stuteville or d'Estuteville family.

Best regards,

John *

* John P. Ravilious

This thread: