GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025663328

From: "Rosie Bevan" <>
Subject: Re: (no subject); de Stuteville
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 14:28:48 +1200

K-R in DD p.723 has this to say about Osmund de Stuteville.

de Stuteville, Osmund
Son of Robert III de Stuteville and Helewise, born c.1140/5. In 1166 he held
two thirds of a fee of Robert de Stuteville at Cowesby, Kepwith, East Ness
and Newsham, Yorkshire. He married Isabel of Gressenhall, Norfolk daughter
of Roger dapifer of the earls Warenne, by whom he had issue william. He was
steward to the earl Warenne. He joined the Third Crusade and died at Joppa,
probably in 1192. His widow was the wife of William II of Huntingfield by
1194. See EYC ix, 429

Douglas, Social Structure of Medieval East Anglia (1927), no. 28; Dugdale,
Monasticon Anglicanum, IV p. 52, no. XIII ; Red Book of the Exchequer, ed.
Hall (1897), p.429

Cheers

Rosie