GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025668982

From: "Rosie Bevan" <>
Subject: Re: New PA line to Jane Lowe
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2002 16:03:02 +1200

Dear Brice

I understand that the source which Douglas Richardson gave for the
connection was the one posted to SGM on 3 May 2002

"W. Dugdale, Monasticon Anglicanum, 6 Pt.1 (rev. ed., 1830): 501 (Longespée
pedigree in Lacock Priory records: "Elam [Fitz Walter], quam duxit primo
Guillielmus de Dodingeseles".')"

It is not obvious from the citation what the evidence for Ela's parentage
is.

The FitzWalters appear to have patronised Beeliegh abbey in Essex. Perhaps a
cartulary exits?

Cheers

Rosie