GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025839027

From: "Leo van de Pas" <>
Subject: Discrepancy ancestors Charles II of England ?
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 13:19:18 +1000

A very kind person sent me the ancestry of Charles II by Neil Thompson and Col. Hansen.

Comparing it with the information I have, I found I had several errors which, now, are corrected. Many thanks Neil Thompson and Col. Hansen.

However, one point I would like to check.

Ancestor 15. Johanna, Archduchess of Austria, is marked off as having died in Florence on 9 April 1578. There is a footnote reference nr.11
This gives : Not 10 April as in E.S. 2;120 and 1;17 as Pieraccini shows.

This was published in 1981.

I am fortunate to have "Die Habsburger" Ein biographisches Lexikon, Herausgegeben von Brigitte Hamann. The edition I have is a "third corrected version" published in 1988. On page 184 Johanna appears
with as date of death 11 April 1578. The sources are given:

Viktor Bibl, Erzherzogin Johanna, erste Grossherzogin von Toskana, in : Beitrage zur neueren Geschichte Osterreichs 4, Wien 1908, 20-34.

Brigitte Grohs, Die hochzeiten der Erzherzoginnen Barbara und Johanna von Habsburg, ungedr. Staatspruefungsarbeit am Institut fuer oesterrische Geschichsforschung, Wien 1986.

When did she die? 9 or 11 April?

Many thanks.
Leo van de Pas

This thread: