GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025842186

From: "Le Bateman" <>
Subject: Maldred's children
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 23:09:46 -0500

How can I confirm that Robert, Uhtred, and Ulkil are the children of
Maldred and Ealdgyth I have seen this name as Edith, and Ecgðryþ. Is the
daughter of Ældhun Bishop of Durham Ælfflæde or Ecgfriða. I have also seen
the name of Uhtred's mother as Ecgfriða. It was I think in the Book Royalty
of the World. Also Book of the Kings and Queens of Great Britain by Anne
Weir. Their maybe a fourth son Maldred. Ancestral Roots 7th Ed. I believe
The Complete Peerage Vol. XI p. 502 takes the line only to Maldred fitz
Maldred. Any help would be appreciative.
Le

This thread: