GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025943583

From: Tim Powys-Lybbe <>
Subject: Re: Sibyl Fitz Siward
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 09:19:43 +0100

In message <002601c2248d$bbc2f520$>
"Le Bateman" <> wrote:

> Does anyone know if the Complete Peerage may mention a Sibyl Fitz Siward.
> Supposedly married Duncan MacCrinan.

No.

But guessing that "Mac" means "son of" and that you are talking of
Duncan, king of Scotland, son of Crinian The Thane, there is the
following in The Scots Peerage, Vol I, p. 1:

"MALCOLM III, 'Ceanamor,' i.e. Great head of Chief. He was the eldest
son of Duncan I. by his wife, a cousin of Siward, Earl of
Northumberland: Duncan being the son of Crinian the Thane by his wife
Bethoc, eldest daughter and heir of Malcolm II. King of Scots."

--
Tim Powys-Lybbe
For a patchwork of bygones: http://powys.org

This thread: