GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025970455

From: "Allen John Mallory" <>
Subject: Re: Umfrevilles and Reveleys
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 11:47:35 -0400

I may be more confused than most, but are these citations mentioned below understood to mean that the William Tison from p. 769 IS or IS NOT the same as the Willelm Tison of p. 1126?

Allen John Mallory
Danbury, Connecticut

: _Domesday Descendants_ by Keats-Rohan.
:
: P. 769 Ivo de Vesci, Norman from Vassy, Calvados, arr. Vire, said to
: have acquired land at Alnick (sic Alnwick), Northumberland, by marriage
: to a daughter of William Tison. Certainly father of Beatrice, wife of
: Eustace FitzJohn (d. 1157), whose son William took his mother's name of
: de Vesci.
:
: P. 1126, Willelm Tison, son of Adam Tison and Emma...Succeeded father c.
: 1154, holding fifteen fees of Roger de Mowbray. He was dead by the end
: of 1180, leaving four daughter by his wife Alice, viz the wife of Robert
: I the Constable of Flamborough, Constance, wife of Ralph de Beauver,
: Matilda, wife first of Robert de Beauver and secondly of William of
: Weighton, and Agnes (d. s.p. before 1185), wife of Hugh FitzMalger of
: Streeton.
:
: Although Ivo de Vesci's wife is mentioned in the first instance, she is
: not listed among William's daughters in the second. William had a
: brother Malger and a sister Avice, wife of Henry II Hosatus.
:
: HS
:
: