GEN-MEDIEVAL-L Archives

Archiver > GEN-MEDIEVAL > 2002-07 > 1025980399

Subject: Re: Ray Phair discovers proof of Countess Ida
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 14:33:26 EDT

Rick Eaton wrote,

> Snippet:
> > It was pointed out to me,
> >

> >> It would seem that the evidence in question is the reference from
> > the
> >> registers of Philip Augustus which identified Ralph Bigod as a
> > brother of
> >> the Earl of Salisbury.
>
> Then, who, in this case, would be the earl of Salisbury?
> And what is the time frame?
>
> Rick Eaton
>
> Voice: 203.453.6261 Fax:203.453.0076

You need to check Ray Phair's message of 3 July, subject "Countess Ida,
Bigod, Longespee" (I am not sure if this got through the gateway, I had to
get a copy from the archives)

In that message, you will find that Ray has found evidence that Ralph Bigod
was [half] brother of William Longespee earl of Salisbury and that this Ralph
Bigod was most probably the son of Roger Bigod (-1221) 2nd earl of Norfolk.

Adrian

This thread: